Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Needle Case for your needle packets

Who doesn't need a special something to hold their needle packets? Since I use a lot of different types of needles in my embroidery, I like to keep them in their packets. I've made a needle case to organize my packets that will help me find the needles I need easily.

To make the needle case, you'll need:
  • your finished embroidery, 12 inches long by 6 inches wide
  • light weight cotton for the lining, 27 inches long by 6 inches wide
  • #12 perle cotton
  • a small length of ribbon
  • 2 pieces of skirtex or light weight cardboard, 5-1/2 inches by 5 inches each
  • a hot iron
I stitched a stumpwork design for my needle case but the finishing instructions will work for surface and counted embroidery, including cross stitch and crazy quilting.

I hope you will enjoy making your own needle case and will find this tutorial useful. If you have any questions or need clarification on any of the steps, leave a comment here and I will try to answer in this section for everyone's benefit.

Tutor = Celeste

No comments:

 

Made by Lena