Sunday, June 3, 2007

Gallery - mischief managed

Today I managed to finish two projects that have been sitting in my drawer for over a year. Yikes! Where does the time go, anyway? (All images are clickable for greater detail.)

First up is a design by The Sampler Girl. This is part of her former Saturday series and I stitched it for Niek for Valentine's Day (2006!). I've finished it as a bag. Not that I can actually picture Niek using it - LOL! - but because the design lent itself so well to it. (Note that the rather bizarre color scheme is my choice, not what the design calls for.)






Then there is this sweet little freebie from The Prairie Schooler that I made for one of my aunts over two years ago. How embarassing is that? She's a serious seamstress, so in addition to this being a pincushion it is also magnetic on the underside to quickly clear up any pin spills. I know whenever I pull my sewing machine out, I have to spill my pins at least once.







Thanks Karen and Anne for setting these FAL weekends up - I still have another half dozen small designs that need to be finish-finished, and maybe now there's hope!

Posted by BarbaraCL

No comments:

 

Made by Lena